You should complete this form if:
* you're moving out of the Forest of Dean to another area
* you're moving to another address within the Forest of Dean
* you'll no longer be responsible for council tax at your new address
* if you are an Executor informing us of the sale of a property you are dealing with, please contact us to give us the details. Unfortunately you are unable to use this form.
To complete the form you'll need:
* your council tax account number
* the date you moved out
* the date your property was sold or your tenancy ended
* solicitor's or estate agent's and any joint owner's details if you're selling the property
* name and address of the landlord or agent of the property you are leaving
* the names of the new owners
* the names of the new tenants (if you know them)
* your new address
* date you moved into your new address
* your new landlord's or agent's name and address
* your bank account details if you want to set up a direct debit to pay your council tax
Please provide as much information as possible. This will help us to complete the process as quickly as possible.
Forest of Dean District Council is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and will manage the personal information collected on this form for the purposes of delivering its services to you.
Your information may be shared internally and with external partners purely for these purposes and will not be shared with any other organisations unless required to do so by law or for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and/or fraud. We may contact you using the details you provide, in connection with this form and the information you supply.
We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless the law allows us to.
Your personal information will only be retained for as long as is necessary and you may request a copy of the information we hold about you
We will use your personal information for the billing and collection of council tax in line with legislation. For further details on how we use information we hold about you please visit our privacy pages.