Single Person Discount

If you are the only adult living in a property you may qualify for a 25% reduction in your Council Tax.

An adult is someone over 18. In certain circumstances persons over 18 can be disregarded.

If after applying for the discount, you cease to be the sole adult occupier of the property, you must notify the council within 21 days.

The Council will undertake regular reviews, and failure to notify the council of a change in circumstance, or claiming a discount you're not entitled to, is an offence and could result in a penalty of £70 or a criminal prosecution.

I confirm I have read and understood the above. I understand I must notify the Council of any changes that affect my entitlement.

You can use this form to manage your Single Person Discount Status

  • Tell us if you have always lived alone
  • Tell us if all other members of your household have moved out
  • Tell us if someone has moved in with you
  • Please provide as much information as you can. This will help us to complete the process as quickly as possible.

    To apply you will need:

  • Your Council Tax account reference number
  • Dates of any changes that may affect your discount

  • Data Protection

    * Forest of Dean District Council is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.

    * We will only use your personal information in accordance with the Legislation and for the purposes of Council Tax.

    * We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless the law allows us to.

    * Your personal information will only be retained for as long as is necessary and you may request a copy of the information we hold about you.

    * We will use your personal information for the billing and collection of council tax in line with legislation. For further details on how we use information we hold about you please visit our privacy pages.